Lightweight and compact, the Konica Waiwai is a fully automatic point-and-shoot camera, which comes pre-loaded with ISO 800 colour film.
Although designed to be disposable, these plastic gems can actually be reused over and over again — it’s easy to reload them with film in a darkroom or film-changing bag. Instructions for how to do this are readily available on the Internet.
Unfortunately, Konica has stopped making the Waiwai and there is nothing similar on the market … there aren’t many around, so grab one while you can.
- Super wide 17mm lens
- Fixed f/8 aperture
- Single 1/100 shutter speed
- Focuses from 0.4m to infinity
- Pre-loaded with ISO 800, 27 exposure colour film
- Built-in flash
- A mirror mounted on the front works as a view-finder for taking self-portraits or group shots with friends
- Vignettes shots, which is increased when using the flash
- Comes sealed in airtight, moisture-proof foil
Postage and Handling
As a general guide, postage and handling for a single camera is about AU$6.20 within Australia and AU$11.20 internationally. For more information, see Postage and Handling or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As they are no longer made, the film supplied these cameras may be out-of-date. However, carefully storage and the long-lasting properties of modern film means quality prints should still result.